Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ballooning up

My husband came into the office the other day and asked if he could get on my computer for a few minutes. Needing a break and to get up and walk around a bit I happily complied. He looked down at my feet and noticed I was barefoot.

"Where are your shoes?" he asked me. I told him that I had kicked them off under my desk. When he asked why I said, "Look at my feet!! They look like Miss Piggy's especially in my Mary Janes!"

Another morning I was eating my piece of toast and talking to my husband, clenching and unclenching my hands.

"What's the matter with your hands?" he asked me. I told him, "Look at them, they look like Shrek's hands!"

He laughed and said "Yes, you look like an animated character." Thanks.

Another hot stuffy day; I laid on our bed with the fan blowing at full speed in front of me.

"What are you doing?" my husband asked me. I explained that it's hot and I'm trying to cool off. Then I said, "Man, I feel like a beached whale right now."

My husband's reply, "You don't look like a whale, a walrus maybe, but not a whale."

Logan being born in the winter (the coldest day of the year in fact), I never swelled up. With this little one, and the 85-102 degree heat, I am just ballooning up. I think of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" when Violet eats the piece of gum that gives you a three course meal. At dessert (blueberry pie) she expanded and swelled until the oompa-loompas had to roll her out of the room. That's how I feel, but without turning blue!

Ahhh, pregnancy bliss.

No comments: