The nice thing with finding the quilt done before, is it took all my guesswork out of making my princess. Oh, I figured I would applique her on, but I didn't know how she would look. Done!
|I hand stitched a face on her.|
I knew right away I wanted to put Hans Christian Andersen's story of the Princess and the Pea on the back. I pieced a frame with some scraps into the backing so I would know where to put the story as I didn't want to quilt over it. Printed the story onto fabric off my computer - and WALLAH!
This quilt was not without it's frustrations. I don't know how many times I broke out my seam ripper. And I'm not all that crazy about the quilting job on it either; I must not have had the layers tight enough while basting. I have always pinned basted but am thinking about trying spray basting on my next quilt.
Size: 44" x 50"
Fabrics: Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda, scraps I had for the applique. Face and hands are felt.
Quilting: Stitch in the ditch for the mattresses and free motion clouds in the open space at the top - all done by me on my home machine.
Completed: February 2012