Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Star Quilt

I recently checked Denyse Schmidt's Modern Quilts Traditional Inspiration out at the library. 

There were several projects in the book that I would do.  But before I had to return it, I did work on this star quilt.



Mine is not a scrappy star - though I really like the scrappy star.  I did mine with whatever fabric I had enough of.  A print background with some essex linen for the star.  I figure I would do some hand embroidery in the star to add something a little extra.




As I was going through my stash for this quilt, I have decided that I need larger pieces of solids.  Besides white, all my pieces are a fat quarter or smaller.  Definitley need to go fabric shopping!

1 comment:

beth said...

Love it!! You could also quilt it with a dark blue thread or a contrast color 1/4" outside of the star to make it stand out. I have been wanting to do that for awhile - you could try it out for me.