Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Boy or Girl?

My husband and I agreed right off that we were going to find out the sex of our baby. I remember walking into that cramped ultrasound room; the cool gel being placed on my belly and the anticipation that came afterward while waiting to hear whether this growing baby inside me was going to be a Logan or an Audrey.

I secretly wanted a girl. Perhaps it is because I am the only female out here on this wide, vast ranch. However, when the ultrasound tech self-assuredly said I had a little boy I felt (with shame) disappointment.

Two days ago, my husband asked me if I would trade Logan in for a girl. Without any hesitation I exclaimed "Hell no!"

I unconditionally love my little guy! I look forward to seeing the person he is each day and the person he is becoming. Already he is such a jokster and a little flirt. He gives me kisses when I feel blue or stressed; makes me laugh with his talk and facial expressions.
Now I can not even imagine my life without him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand completely,I couldn't imagine life without my son either nor my grandson! Come to think about it, I feel the same way about the person who loves them both.