Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Away from Home

It has been two years since I became a certified beef cattle ultrasound field technician, and two years is how long the certification lasts. So from June 18-June 25, I will be in Ames, Iowa recertifying. This will also be the first time (besides a few hours here and there) that I will be away from my little boy.

Since I will be gone for such a period of time, I have been making up lists and going over them with my husband and myself. My husband is out with cattle all day long which Logan is still a little small for; so he does not know how Logan and my "typical" day goes or what we do. He will not be alone though, Grandma is coming to help out while my hubby is at work.

There are small things that I keep harping at like the fact that bath time is supposed to be my husband and Logan time, this gives me a small window of opportunity for me to unwind. However, my husband gets going on his unwinding time after work and before you know it, nine o'clock rolls around and Logan still has not had his bath. Or when I tell him that Logan needs a bath and he says, "I just gave him one last night;" when actually it was two days ago. So lately I have been going over and over with him, "make sure you give Logan his bath!!"

I know, I know. I sound like an overbearing, doubting mother who believes that she is the only one who can take care of her son properly. However, this is not the case. In my heart I am certain that everything will be fine; that my husband, Grandma, and Logan will all have a great time. That I am the one who will be the wreck while away.

I haven't even left yet and I am already anxious to come back home.

1 comment:

beth said...

It will be fine while you are gone, do you remember how nervous I was to leave Scott with James? If bathtime doesnt happen and Logan has fun, it will be ok. Take some time for yourself and relax on your days off between class. Call me, we can chat a bunch, I have 600 min left on the cell until the 20th, Ill never use that much unless I talk to you.
xoxoxox