Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cold Winter Mornings

As I awake, the sky is still dark; the wooden and tile floors cold beneath my socked feet while I tiptoe through the kitchen, trying not to wake my family (Aslyn is awake which is why I am tiptoeing throughout the house.) I'm bundled up in a sweatshirt as I make a pot of coffee and watch the sky as the sun rises.



As JP and Logan sleep soundly in their beds, nestled beneath warm blankets; I quietly talk with Aslyn. We power up the computer to check e-mails and the weather report. Aslyn finishes eating, gives me a drowsy smile, and falls back asleep; she wiggles herself closer to me and buries her face in my sweatshirt. I sit here, savoring the moment knowing that all too soon, both my children will be grown and won't want to cuddle up with mom anymore. After a while, I put Aslyn down, wash the dishes and fold some laundry.


I hear JP hop in the shower, I begin making his breakfast and me another cup of coffee. He says he loves me as he runs out the door. Soon I hear the pitter patter of little feet running to me. Logan is now awake and wanting to snuggle up with mom. 


However, the snuggling is short this morning as he wanted to check on Aslyn...


And so our morning continues.  There is laundry to do, the house to pickup, lots and lots of playtime, and then it's off to work.  Logan is on Thanksgiving break so he will be spending the next few days at home with mom, dad, and Aslyn. 




No comments: