Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

A Special Delivery

I am currently on vacation visiting family and friends in Washington State, but I wanted to share this as it is now officially delivered to my Mom.

This was my first attempt at a quilt this size - I chose to do the queen size granny square.  In order to finish it in time, I did several days of marathon sewing, kicking the husband and kiddos out of the house.

And it is finished!  Sorry for the blurry pics.  :(



The majority of the fabrics came out of my stash.  The sashing is Kona Meringue and the back is a solid I had in indigo (not sure the manufacturer.)  Except for a line of more granny squares.
It is hard to tell in the pictures, but the border is done with 6 x 22 inch pieces of blues used in the granny square blocks. 

A few more large  quilts have been requested since I have been on vacation.  More on that later!

1 comment:

Melody A. said...

Melody A --It is quite an accomplishment to finish a large quilt and to have it turn out as you had expected. Your quilt is beautiful, I love the blues being switched between the dark and light ! Congratulations!