Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sewing Summit Recap

Hey guys!  Well, I'm back from Sewing Summit and so inspired.  I am just overflowing with new ideas, new changes (more on this later), and new friends.

There was just so much going on I don't even know where to begin really.  As you may or may not know (did I even mention this?) we drove.  Yep.  My little family drove from New Mexico to Salt Lake City - 22 hours (round trip) of all of us in a car.  Our first "major" road trip - and a whole lot of nothing for miles and miles and miles....


There were so many talented people.  I felt small and timid next to many of them; being a natural introvert didn't help either.

Many great sponsors made up this year's sewing summit such as Craftsy, Riley Blake, Babylock just to name a few.  Here are just some of the goodies that got to come home with me.


The keynote speaker - Joel Dewberry!  He showcased his new fabric line Notting Hill.  Which I think is just gorgeous!



Erin Singleton and her staff did a terrific job! I couldn't even imagine putting on such an event. All that time and effort!

I won a prize at the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild mixer on Friday night!  Riley Blake's Puppy Park.


 It was a privilege to take a class and meet Carol Van Zandt.  She gave me this beautiful fat quarter bundle - Tokyo Rococo.  I'm thinking this will make a really pretty new bag!


There was much, much more that went on and happened.  I am still wrapping my mind around it all. 

No comments: