Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP #4

Here we go....

I have finished piecing the I Spy quilt and have it all basted ready to be quilted {yay!} 

A sneak peek at the back

Of course, when I was all ready to get going on the quilting portion, I realized I didn't have any thread left that matched. Geez. So, for now it is hanging out until I can make a trip to the quilt shop.


I have had Lydia's (one of our ranch hand's wife) mom's apron on hold because I didn't have the fabric for it yet.  Lydia had asked me if I could make her mom an apron for a Christmas present (so I have some time on this but would like to get it done soon.)  I have never met her mom but I was told that her favorite color is red and she fancies white and red flowers.


I found this fabric and am still not quite sure if I even like it.  The fabric is Redwork Rendezvous by Alex Anderson for P&B Textiles.  I actually won a gift certificate for a quilt shop and used that to purchase this fabric; so I don't feel totally guilty for not loving it.

Projects still in the works:

Kaleidoscope quilt along
Warm/Cool quilt along
Skill Builder Sampler blocks
Apron for Logan
Lydia's mom's apron

Projects on hold:

Barn quilt
Daisychain ABC's sampler (saving for trip later this month)

Weekly stats:
Awaiting quilting: 1
In the works/ongoing: 6
On hold: 2
Completed: 0

Hey, maybe next week I'll actually have something completed!  ;)
 
Linking...

4 comments:

Carla said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt. I really like the fabric with the children on it.

Lynette said...

I totally love it! ;D That's going to make a fabulous apron.

Melinda said...

I love that Eric Carle fabric. Can't wait to see the whole quilt!

Sandy said...

Ohhhhhhh that fabric with pretty redish colored flowers is awesome...have fun working with it.