Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

5th WIP of 2012

After (not) much consideration, I decided to jump on the granny square bandwagon.



I must have been really into blues when I started quilting 7 years ago because I have.a.ton of blue fabric.  What better way to de-stash all those blues?

It is difficult to tell in the picture, but I am using Kona Meringue as the background.  At first I  thought that maybe I should have gone a shade darker in the yellows, but it will do.

Four down - many, many more to go.

Quilt/Bind:
Log cabin quilt

No progress:
Beatrix Potter quilt (finding fabric)
Barn quilt
Skill Builder Sampler
Husband's shirt
Felt Christmas ornaments
Bottled Rainbow quilt

Stats:
New projects: 1
Completed projects: 0
No progress: 7

To see more works in progress check out Freshly Pieced.  Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Very pretty!! I love the blue and pale yellow!

Melinda said...

I like the monochromatic/tone on tone look to it!

Patti said...

Love your colour choice! I have yet to fall under the granny spell!

The Thompsons said...

Welcome to the Granny Square craze :) It looks great and you're right, this block is a wonderful opportunity to de-stash.

Emily said...

Nice Granny Squares. I jumped on that one too and started some with batiks.