Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zakka Hand Warmers

A lot of you know about the Zakka Style sew along happening over at LR Stitched (and if you don't you should check it out!)  I had been following along, each week looking at the all the great projects people were linking to.  And almost every week I heard myself saying, "That is so cute!"  and "Oh!  I need to make that!"  

I finally purchased the Zakka Style book and am ready to start making!  The sew along is in week 12 (halfway through the book.)

The project was hand warmers; rice filled pouches that you heat in the microwave and slip into an opening in the back of your decorative pouch. These in turn can be put in your pockets to help warm up cold, wet hands.


rice pouch and back of hand warmer
The original embroidery on the project is the faces of a little boy and girl;  I decided to capture my 4 year and 20 month old kids' hands.


Wouldn't these make the perfect gift for a long distance relative?!

2 comments:

Linda F. said...

Adorable! What a great idea to use your kids hands.

Cary said...

Nice work! Welcome to the sew-along. It's been so much fun to make something new each week, and to see each other's projects.