Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

12th WIP of 2012 - Organizing the Stash

Over the last few days, I have been using all my free time to turn this mess (read more here) of fabric and fabric scraps into a nicely organized one. 


I had purchased comic book backing boards a while ago, so figured now was as good time as any to start using them.  I still have more fabrics to wrap around the boards, but this is a start and makes me so. happy!


Even my fat quarters - I refolded each one in an uniform manner and placed them in a canvas box.


Next will be organizing my smaller scraps.

And what else have I been doing besides all this organizing?  Well, I started cutting out triangles.



 Ultimatley this will become a lap quilt for someone I have in mind; I have thoughts on what all these triangles to turn into, but also am just going to see where they think they belong.

And in case you missed it, I finished up my granny square quilt.  You can read all about it here.


That just about sums up this week.  Linking up to other great works in progress over at Freshly Pieced.


5 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful blue quilt bet you are proud!!

Great organizing going on:)

Captain StitchyPants said...

That granny quilt is just stunning!

Good job on the scrap organisation. It can be a daunting task!

Becky said...

Love the blue granny square quilt! Beautiful! I've been busy trying to organize too :-).

Lynette said...

Pretty triangles - and that fabric organization looks spectacular

Bethany (Make Me A Quilt) said...

I LOVE your granny square quilt. It's absolutely beautiful! :)