Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Visit from the Tooth Fairy

I mentioned a while back that my oldest, Logan had a loose tooth.  Well last night it finally fell out (with a bit of help from Dad.)  After the tears slowed, w gave Logan his caboose pillow, the pockets ready to hold his precious first tooth.  Though we have talked about it before, we gave another explanation on how the tooth fairy will come, leave a token for him, and bless him with sweet dreams and good luck.

It's funny - I remember losing my teeth as a child.  The excitement of the tooth fairy bringing me a little something in my elephant pillow.  Logan seemed to care less!  He was more concerned about his tooth falling out than anything else.





As of tonight, here is his pillow.  Laying there, untouched.



In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where
dreams are made,
Let’s see if you
can make a trade.
In this pocket I will lay,
the little tooth I lost today.
Please, dear fairy,
tonight as I sleep
leave me a coin.
My tooth you can keep.

No comments: