Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

30

Today, I am 30.

I always had this idea that my 30th Birthday would be some big shing-dig. A trip somewhere (you get in free at Disney parks on your Birthday) or a big surprise party with all my family and friends. Even as this day was approaching and I realized that there was not going to be anything I have mentioned above happening, I started thinking of other ways to celebrate. A day for me; shopping, having coffee, quiet time at the spa or a book store.

This morning I awoke and felt nonchalant, and a little blue, I admit. After all my 20's are over. I contemplated over what I have accomplished these last 30 years and found myself a little disappointed in the results. My husband says that I have accomplished more than so many others out there my age. But I feel like I should have done...more.

I have always heard that the 30's are the best years. This is the time when most have established thier career, bought their first house, are thinking about, trying, or have already started a family. People take you more seriously and you become more comfortable with who you are.

Today marks a new era for me. I know 30 is just a number, but I am determined to make this decade outshine the last!

No comments: