Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

First Steps

It is known that around the year mark, most little ones take that daring first step. They stand up, find some balance and boldly step forward. Some fall right after that first step, some are able to (if fast enough) take three or four.

Logan took a few here and there over the past week. However, it was while we were working in the office that he decided to become daring. I watched, my heart pounding in my chest as he walked the whole length of my office at work.

My immediate feeling was pride, followed by my brain saying "uh-oh." I always knew this day would come; when I would be walking by his side and chasing after him. In my mind I always thought of it as a way to get in an extra workout for the day. And then I think about how even less I will get done.

Even so, it is a very exciting moment.

No comments: