Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Travel Bug

It has hit me again. The longing to go someplace exotic. I have been constantly putting my name in for sweepstake drawings...trips to Mexico, Greece, the Caribbean, and Paris; in the hopes that maybe, just maybe my name will be the one drawn.

Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved traveling. Of course growing up it was usually a trip to California to visit relatives and a couple of times a side trip to Anaheim to see Disneyland. Though those trips were memorable, I have always wanted to travel the world. To emerge myself in the cultures of places such as India and China. Get a change of pace and divulge in the city life such as New York and London.

What better way to teach a child about geography, different cultures, wildlife, and the world then taking him to those places and letting him be involved first hand? It is an experience he will never learn by just reading about it in some textbook.

Today I will be, with certainty, daydreaming of far off places.

No comments: