Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Temper Tantrums

It has already started; the crying and screaming, throwing himself on the floor, even the pounding of the fists and kicking of the legs. The first thought in my mind was, "Already!"

Leave it to a new mom to think that temper tantrums did not start until the terrible twos. Isn't that why they call it the terrible twos in the first place? (Okay, I know that is not the only reason why two year olds have received this rap.)

We do know not to give Logan any attention at these times; to not talk or even look at him. So, we walk away into another room. However, I have been contemplating on how to resolve these in public (we have not encountered one in public as of yet; knock on wood.) When I go over tantrum scenarios in my mind, I continue on doing whatever it is I am doing regardless of the looks I receive from others. The looks and comments from others is what I need to get my mind around; the "he's my child and I am dealing with this my way regardless of what others have to say or think" mentality.

In the meantime, I continue on yet another journey in motherhood and pray that this phase will soon end.

No comments: