Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Another year is here! I hope that you all welcomed it with open arms and much joy!

My husband and I were discussing how another decade has already come and gone. This was followed by what we have accomplished over the past ten years. Immediately I responded with not a whole lot, but upon further reflection: we both graduated college, got a good job, moved to a new state, had a son, and are pregnant with another child. We probably could have done more, but what we have done is not too shabby. A lot of life changes.

I, like every year, have been contemplating on what exactly I would like to accomplish over the next 365 days. It seems to always be the same ole' things - reach my goal weight, finally take that vacation to the Caribbean, pay off debt, etc., etc.

Last night I found myself reciting these past resolutions until I finally stopped. Why keep setting such high (and the same) goals every year that I initially always fail at and inevitably will again? For example: reach my goal weight - hmmmm, pregnant until August, leaves me four months to get to where I want to be. Scratch that one off! Vacation to the Caribbean - won't be wearing a swimsuit carrying all that baby weight...scratch!

Pay off debt I decided to keep however, instead of pay off, I decided to change it to pay down. I am hoping to be more gung ho with this one since I will have our car paid off as well as Logan's surgeon this month.

To some, one major goal like that is enough. I, on the other hand need at least three so as to balance out failed ones with accomplished ones. If I gave myself just one resolution and didn't succeed at it, I will beat myself up. If I give myself around three and keep one but fail at two, it's not so bad.

So, as I sit here and think on a few more goals to reach, I wish you all a healthy, happy, 2010. Cheers!

No comments: