Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Traditions

To some, winter is the most magical time of year due to the Christmas season. Fresh fallen snow, twinkling lights in windows and on decorated Christmas trees and so on. To me, this is also true; however, I believe it all begins with the coming of Fall. When the hot summer months changes to sharp, cool, crisp autumn days.




There is a tradition I follow every Fall.  It wasn't until last year how much I realized this little tradition sets the tone for the next three months.  When I failed to do my usual welcome Fall things I was Ms. Bah-Humbug throughout the entire holiday season - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and yes, even the New Year.  So I made sure to get them in this time!

What is this little tradition you ask?  It all starts with a caramel apple...




From there, a pumpkin scented candle.  Though this part is critical - it has to be a certain candle.  Not all pumpkin scented candles are a like.



Then it moves to a fresh batch of hot apple cider simmering in the crock pot...


And lastly, a Fall picnic (this date is set for later this month,) with homemade soup, fresh baked bread, and other rich, yummy foods.

I can officially say that I am excited and ready to go for the upcoming holiday season!





No comments: