Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WIP #13

Geez, these Wednesdays come fast.  If only I could say the same for Fridays...

Today, I have a couple of completed projects to share {gasp}. I know!!

So if you took a peek at this blog earlier this week, you would have seen that the I Spy and Matching Game quilt I made for my son's preschool is completed!  His teachers asked me to present it to the class at circle time with a little information on the process of making it and so forth.  However, I think I laid it out for them prematurely, as soon as I did the class pounced on it and I completely lost my audience.



Quilt Stats:
Size: 48" x 60"
Fabric: Lots of different ones!  Some from a swap done early this past summer, some from my stash, my local quilt shop and Joann's.
Quilted: Meandering stars
update: Design: can be found here.
The second project completed is part of a Christmas gift (I warned the recipient's mom that I was going to post this.)  It's a small thing but something I wanted to make...


A crayon roll!  It all came together so easily, I can see making more of these for gifts (we've been invited to quite a few Birthday parties recently) or as party favors.  I used leftover fabric from my son's quilt I made him earlier this year.

Projects in progress:
Kaleidoscope quilt (behind)
Skill Builder Sampler (behind)
Daisy chain ABC's sampler (on the letter 'J')
 Husband's shirt

Not started:
Bottled Rainbow quilt (sorting scraps)
Princess Pea quilt

Quilt/Bind:
Log cabin quilt
Warm, cool quilt

Currently on hold:
Beatrix Potter quilt (working up design)
Barn quilt

This week's stats:
New projects: 5
In progress: 4
Not started: 2
Quilt/bind: 2
On hold: 2

More great projects at Freshly Pieced!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Your "I Spy" quilt is great! It's so nice you were able to actually talk to the class about making it. Very cool.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Beautiful Quilt! I love I spy quilts! Found you thru' WIP and I am following you now!

Jennifer said...

The i spy is fabulous! I've been wanting to make a crayon roll for some time, yours may have pushed me over the edge! so cute!

LisaAnn said...

I really like the I Spy quilt...what a great idea for a classroom! Both projects are very cute!