Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This and That

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  My house is still a disaster from it all, boxes everywhere!

Speaking of boxes, I still have some I need to mail to family in Washington State.  We got lots and lots of snow out here on the ranch and I never made the 30 minute drive to the nearest post office. But after talking and explaining to everyone on Christmas day, we all decided that why celebrate Christmas on just one day?  Wouldn't it be best to celebrate 12th night?  So technically, I have until January 5.  Right?

That does mean, though, that there are several things I can not show here.  :(

So the ones I can show....



These are the finished tea caddy's I made for my son's preschool teachers.  As I mentioned before, they love their tea!  I was a little shy when they decided to open them right then and there; sometimes you never know how someone will react to a homemade gift.  I should have known though - they LOVED them!

Another gift (which I haven't finished yet - yikes!) is the Princess Pea quilt for my 16 month old daughter.  It's almost complete, I realized I didn't have batting (not even enough to piece together, thanks to using the majority of it in this quilt!)  So, I am at a standstill until I run into town next and can buy some (which will be later today!)

And here is little Miss Princess Pea, crawling all over her quilt while I was trying to get the measurements so I could piece the back together.

Of course, then big brother had to stop by to check on it as well.  Sheesh.  I finally just folded it all up and waited until they went to bed.


More on this quilt when I have it complete, which (keep your fingers crossed) should be in the next few days.


No comments: