Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Remodeling - Part 1

I don't think I have mentioned it here, but late last summer the owners of the ranch asked my husband and I if we would like to move into their old house.  They had just completed building their dream home out here.

The house is bigger than the one we currently occupy, but since the owners were only out here a few months out of the year, there were some needed adjustments to make it a full time home.

It took us a while to get going on it due to lack of time (it's a working cattle ranch so all things cattle related is first priority!)

The first thing we did was rip up all the carpet and look at the surprise we found underneath - the original hard wood floors!

Sewing area or living room?
This house has one full bathroom and one half.  So far, the full bathroom is the only one that has been worked on.  The walls were covered in green and black tile - sooo not my taste - we ripped them out.


The closet to one of the bedrooms was on the same wall as part of the bathroom. We ripped out the closet to make the bathroom slightly bigger.


One of the reasons why I decided to move over here is sitting there on the left hand side - I love that oven!  LOTS more counter space than my current kitchen.  Right now our little microwave and my coffee pot take up all of my kitchen counter.


Laundry room/mud room - would like to replace the floor.  If I can squeeze a stool or bench in here somewhere, I am.  Our current laundry room/mud room is a little small so muddy boots end up walking through the house instead of being taken off (not a happy camper with this, particularly right after I have mopped the floors!)



The below shot is looking from the sewing room/living room (first picture) - I haven't decided which side will be which yet.  It's really one extremely large room with that arch way separating them.


Back yard.  More work to be done here as well.  Can't you just see summer parties out here?  I want to string some garden lights and add one/two more tables and more seating areas. 



There are more rooms to explore which I will post in part 2 - along with what little progress we have been making!

1 comment:

beth said...

Is that a double convection oven I see too? How exciting to have floors done. I have never been in "Bob and Mary's house" soon to be your house. It is very cute. Love the sewing/living room and the openness of it all. Are you still going with the colors we talked about for the walls?