Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting Back on Schedule

I have been so busy these past two weeks that I haven't had much time to write. I decided that I wanted to get everything done in the office. So I made a list of what needed to be done and when I wanted it done by. I only have three things left, assuming of course, that no emergency projects get e-mailed my way.

Cattle are being worked everyday until October; Friday we were given the afternoon off so that we could go to the fair. Basically, it was the only day for the rest of the month that we would have the ability to leave the ranch for a while.

The fair was a nice change of pace. We mainly go to look at the animals and eat fair food. Logan, being as little as he is, was not able to go into Old McDonald's farm, but that is something to look forward to next year.

I had always wished that I was involved in FFA. The thought of raising a pig, goat, lamb, or any other animal and showing it at the fair always intrigued me. A ribbon, I never cared what color, placed upon my animal and/or exhibit...

Though I never did this, Logan has a chance if he wants, and that is something that I can be involved in with him. However, I do not want to be one of those parents who pushes their unsuccessful dreams upon their child. So if this is something he does not want to do, then I will accept it and support whatever it is that he chooses.

No comments: