Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friendships

It was truly amazing to be at my Grandmother's 80th Birthday party and see all of her old friends; some of whom were from junior high school. Other guests included friends of my Uncles since they were in elementary school.

As I sat there talking and listening to all of the wonderful stories from all of these people, I reflected upon all the friends who have come in and out of my life. The reasons behind why some of them and I drifted apart are unapparent now.

Everyone has heard that the amount of true friendships one will have in his or her lifetime can be counted on one hand. Though I no longer keep in touch with the ones I met in elementary or junior high, and rarely speak to friends from high school; I do have one that is constant in my life. We met in college and immediatley became inseperable. Even now, 1500 miles apart, we talk to one another at least once a week. And I know that someday we will be sitting there at our 80th Birthday parties telling wild and crazy stories to our grandchildren.

Friendships are one of those sacred treasures. I thank God that I have been blessed with mine everyday.

1 comment:

beth said...

Im assuming that you are talking about me again... if not, I took the compliment anyhow. Do we have to wait until our 80th to tell those stories? I will probably forget them by then. Besides, we will be living those stories out by then, our inhibitions will be gone - who cares what JP and Scott Say, we will be deaf by then anyhow! Glad you are my friend, dont know what Id do without you. No one has been able to put up with me that long - you deserve saint hood.