Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is There a Santa Claus?

I have been laughed at in my adult years for still believing in the magic of Santa Claus.

In today's society there is too little of the "pixie dust" in the eyes and hearts of our young. Children at school who no longer believe bring down those who still do. I remember how angry my older brother got when a kid at school told my nephew that Santa Claus was not real.

I read an article the other day from a mom who's son came home and asked her if Santa was real. The little boy's father had told him that Santa was a lie parents tell their kids. Wow! Dad of the year there.

Even some of the media is in on it; I've heard them voice that "scientist so and so proved that there is no possible way Santa can deliver his gifts to all the children of the world in one night, even with the time difference." Um...it's MAGIC. Why voice over the radio, t.v., etc. something like that for the children with still a spark of innocent in their eyes to hear?

I pray that my little Logan will always keep the spirit, wonderment, and magic of this wonderful time of year and of Old St. Nick.

So I leave you, dear readers, with a few quotes from the ever so popular news article: "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" I urge you to click on the link www.newseum.org/yesvirginia and read the full story written in 1897 by Francis Pharcellus Church. It is truly heartwarming.

"Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist..."
"No Santa Clause! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood."

No comments: