Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Technology

Sometimes I have to wonder, is technology all that it's cracked up to be? Really? There are days where I feel that the world would be a better place if we could go back to horse drawn carriages, rotary phones, and hand written letters. Call me old fashioned but I still prefer a hand written letter as opposed to 60 e-mails piled in my inbox.

Part of the reason why I am feeling this way is that I have been fighting with Trend-Micro Internet Security for the past 9 days. Why are computer tech people so willing and helpful when they know at the end of the job you will fork out a couple hundred bucks their way? As soon as a mistake is made on their part and they owe you money, their computer savviness all of a sudden diminishes?

This is what is happening to me. Of course it starts out where I call the company only to have a voice prompt tell me that for my case I need to send an e-mail making my claim. This right away irks me! Whatever happened to talking to a human being?

I read somewhere that with facebook, e-mails, and text messages we are raising generations of kids who are lacking in people skills. With all these new and improved ways to communicate, who needs to talk to a real person?

As I sit here frustrated and wishing for simpler times, I continue my fight with Trend Micro determined not to let a "computer glitch" get the best of me.

No comments: