Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Sleeping Cannelloni

Back when Logan was first starting solids, I purchased two recipe books - "Top 100 Baby Purees" and "First Meals" both by Annabel Karmel.  "First Meals" has recipes from first tastes (6 months old) to family meals (for kids 3-7 years old.)

I hadn't tried any of the family meal recipes yet, so last night I thought it would be fun to make sleeping cannelloni.  One thing I discovered in New Mexico is that you can not find everything you need at one grocery store; however when the day of errands comes down to grocery shopping, we are all usually too tired to go to more than one stop.  So mine were actually sleeping manicotti. 

Here is what the dish is suppose to look like:



And here is what mine turned out to look like - oh dear.



When I first put the dish on the table, JP laughed and asked, "what the hell is this?"  I showed him the picture in the book.  Do you know what he said mine look like?  Dead scarecrows.

Logan didn't seem to care.  He gobbled his up right away.

No comments: