Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Quilt for Logan

It was started January 23, 2011 and I finished it last night.

For almost three years, I had different ideas and fabrics roaming in and out of my head on what kind of quilt to make my little boy. And then I found this fabric collection called "Dozers and Diggers" by Richard Neuman and knew instantly! This is the fabric for Logan's quilt.



Throughout the process of piecing it, Logan would sit on my lap.  He would admire and make comments on the fabric.  Every strip would be scrutinized and when it passed his inspection, I would get it back and continue piecing.


Matching pillowcase.


This is the back - sooo cute!
Last night, Logan curled up underneath it.  His pillow, he hauls around the house and points out different trucks and tells us all about them.  I am rather pleased with how the whole thing turned out.

Other sewing projects I completed:

Remember these quilts?  Well, I still have quite a bit of fabric left over from them that I don't know what to do with.  Not enough of each for pillowcases but enough to do something.  So I made these little zippered pouches, one for each Montano grand kid to match their quilt.



Even after making these, I still have quite a bit of fabric left from each.  Just more to keep in my stash for another project.

No comments: