Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

I Should've Stayed in Bed

You know those days where you wake up and immediately nothing is going right? Today is one of those days.

I awoke to my normal routine; make my husband a cup of tea and breakfast. Now on any other day I follow this with making myself coffee and breakfast, kiss my husband goodbye and start my household chores (laundry, dishes, etc.) before Logan wakes up. However, this morning while removing the tea bag from my husband's cup it tipped over pouring boiling water on the left side of my abdomen and right foot. Luckily my husband hadn't left yet because all I could do was stand there and try to keep my clothes as far away from my body as possible.

After taking a cold shower to ease the burning, I applied first aid to my now blistering burn. However, it is moments like these when you realize how long it has been since you updated your first aid kit. For example, I have burn cream in my kit. It had never been opened because I had never had to use it until today. I opened the first packet of cream to find it hardened. The next packet was the same way. I looked at the little box they came in to find that they had expired in 2002. Of course.

Since the day is just getting started, I am curious to find what other things life has in store for me today. Perhaps I should have just stayed in bed.

3 comments:

beth said...

Hope today goes better for you - happy anniversary!! It was good talking to you yesterday, sorry I had to work all day Fri so we couldnt visit then. Take care of you and no more pouring hot tea down yourself! Hope you got to go to the pumpkin patch

beth said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! It is 8 our time and we are heading to bed so hopefully your evening is winding down too. I of course didnt call during the day. Hope you had fun at the pumpkin patch - post pictures that you took with your new camera. Can you believe that we've been married 6 years - It seems like much longer most days. Take care, I will try to call tomorrow am, we are cleaning the church in the morning so I will call from there.
xoxoxo
Beth

Shelly said...

Beth--Thank you!! We didn't get to go on Saturday but did on Sunday. Had lots of fun!!