Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mary Poppins

It took us two days to watch Mary Poppins, but Logan cuddled up with me on the couch and watched it. The first movie he has ever sat down for. Logan laughed as Burt and the chimney sweeps danced upon the rooftops singing "Step In Time." As Mary, Burt, Michael and Jane raced through the derby on their carousel horses Logan looked at me with his little eyebrows raised and said "Oohhh."

I was not brought up to be nor do I believe in using the television set as a babysitter. But I have to admit it was nice to sit with Logan quietly for a while, him sipping his milk and me my tea. Our days lately have been so cold (average this past week has been lows 30 and highs 60 with 40-60 mile per hour winds) and a little hectic. So this little break with Mary Poppins was quite the treat...

For Mom anyway.

1 comment:

beth said...

isnt it great when they start sitting through things, I can now take a shower uninterrupted if there is a movie on! I will have to find you some veggie tales - James loves them and they teach basic bible principles...dont be selfish, share, and then they SING, the songs are crazy and get stuck in your head but James loves them and is starting to sing them all the time now. His favorite at the moment is the pirates who dont do anything and the Cheeseburger love song.