Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

California

We just returned from a small trip to California to celebrate my grandmother's 80th Birthday.

The first day was spent in Monterey to show Logan the ocean and feel the sand between his toes; a trip my grandmother used to take me on when I would spend my summers there. We walked down Fisherman's Wharf and sampled clam chowder. Logan and my husband were looking out over the dock when a sea lion popped out of the water just below them. Of course I was off somewhere else at the time. When I came back, Logan kept pointing down at the water and "telling" me what happened.

The Birthday party and after parties were nice. It was such a pleasure catching up with family and friends I had not seen; some in 22 years.

It was a nice little trip and great for Logan to meet some of his family.

No comments: