Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Unforgiven

Back in June, I took a trip to Iowa and left my son Logan for the first time. Now this trip just wasn't a day or two, it was a whole week.

I have heard several mothers say that the mom takes it the hardest than the kid when being apart for the first time. Therefore, days before I left I mentally prepared myself. I told myself if I just stayed busy than I wouldn't have time to mourn the fact that Logan and I were not together.

When I came back and met Logan in the airport, I didn't know what to expect. Would he run and cry to his dad? Would he be mad and not want to have anything to do with me? I saw Logan running my way in baggage claim and got down to greet him. He stopped, gave me a huge smile and wrapped his arms around my neck. And there he stayed.

Of course I was ecstatic! But now, two months later, I don't think I have been totally forgiven. He has been more clingy than ever since I left and cries if he doesn't know where I am.

I have been told over and over that I need to put Logan in daycare. Get him out to socialize with kids his age. The predicament here is that I live so far away from anything that I would be spending a minimum of three and a half to four hours a day just driving him back and forth. How would that be advantageous?

Though I agree Logan needs to learn that it is okay to be away from Mom and Dad; that we will always come back, I just have not figured out a way to do this yet.

1 comment:

beth said...

Dont worry, soon he wont want to be seen with you (aka the teen years) take advantage of it now while you can. I think it is good that you two are so close, hopefully that will continue on. Do what you think is best for your family.