Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Curtains

I don't know what it is about sewing curtains.  Perhaps they're just not my thing.  I procrastinate whenever I need to make some, finding any other project to do; any excuse to push the curtain making back.

For example, these curtains - I actually debated whether or not to even post a picture of them - they're a bit of an embarrassment.  I promised myself that I would not tackle any of my other projects until I have finished this one.  These are for the ranch manager's camper trailer and he asked me to make them while I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 9 months old.  Oops.   


His live in quarters of his horse trailer had the same fabric in it and he wanted his camper trailer's window coverings to match.  So I hunted down the southwestern fabric (we are in New Mexico after all) on e-bay. 

I don't even like how they are turning out.  I've already torn this curtain apart four times and started over.  There's just something not meshing here.  Maybe it's just me, I honestly have no idea.

But I am determined to get them done (I only have a double curtain left to make.)  I've been putting them off long enough.  And the sooner I get them done, the sooner I can start again on all my fun and exciting projects. 

Maybe I just need something to pump me up.  Like, right before a marathon you can feel the excitement of the race at the start line; people hopping up and down, warming up; I-pods and MP3 players ready to blare play lists to keep the runners going for those long grueling miles.  Maybe something like that - but for curtain making.   

No comments: