Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Warm/Cool QA

I finally chose my fabric for the warm/cool quilt along hosted by Jeni at In Color Order

I like the idea of separating your warm and cool colors to make a value quilt; and Jeni has a great refresher course on her blog about doing this.  She even adds in fabric that will not work in either category and explains why.

The fabric I chose was just something I had in my stash.  I had purchased the different fabrics years ago for a specific quilt, but as time went on, I found that I no longer was interested in making that quilt.  So, there all this fabric sat, waiting to be used and admired. 


I took several pieces out of the original stash as I didn't think they would have fitted very well in the project.

For example, at first look, I would more than likely throw this in my warm group.  But after much thinking on the matter, I decided to take them out all together.  I felt that adding these in would just throw off my balance.


On another note: I ordered my fabric for the Kaleidoscope quilt along.  YAY!!  Already I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox!  I love getting fun mail!!

No comments: