Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

I Spy Quilt

About a month ago I participated in my first swap; an I Spy swap hosted by Carla of Lollyquiltz

Though I have made numerous quilts, I have never made an I Spy quilt before.  So I figured why not now?  I decided to make this quilt for my son's preschool.  After a short discussion about the idea with his two teachers - seriously here is how the discussion went:

me: I would like to make an I Spy quilt for the school.
teachers: Yes!
me: I could make it an I Spy and matching game.
teachers: Yes!
me: Well...um...ok then.

That's it.  Boy, I had to do some of my best persuading to get this quilt approved.  :) It is going to be 48 x 60 so it shouldn't take too long to put together.

In the meantime, here's a little sneak peek at some of the different charm squares I'll be using.  What do you spy?



No comments: