Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Running

I never considered myself an athlete. Three years ago I talked to a fitness trainer about different cross training programs to add to my runs for my first half marathon. While discussing these programs she mentioned "...an athlete like yourself..." Me? I looked around to see who else was in the room; no one.

It was not until after that first 13.1 miles that I said to myself, "Maybe I am!" Now, after a long break from any kind of fitness regime, I am in the midst of training for yet another half marathon. Although I have to admit that this mornings run was not as graceful as previous runs. I woke up late, therefore not getting my full stretch and warm up in not to mention water intake. Then while crossing one of the cattleguards, I tripped and hurt my elbow.

It's moments like these that I agree with all of those who call me crazy for doing this in the first place.

No comments: