Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Battle between the Wants and Needs

I woke yesterday morning and looked out the window. It was still dark, but I just couldn't sleep anymore. So I threw on a sweatshirt and walked into the computer room. JP and Logan were both still fast asleep.

The sky was cloudy, we had thunder and lightening warnings as well as flash flood warnings. It was a mere 50 degrees outside, I was still cold, even while layered. I also found myself in a crabby mood.

So as I sat there, listening to my Hagwood Hardy CD, and staring at the computer screen with every intention to write my daily blog posting; I realized that what I needed to do was battling what I wanted to do. Like the angel and devil sitting on your shoulders; both whispering in your ear trying to challenge the other in who was going to win this round.

What I needed to do was wash the dishes, work on the many quilts I have to have done by Christmas (5 for one lady and now all her friends want some too), balance the checkbook, gather phone numbers from the insurance company so I can call them first thing Monday morning, get ready to go, get Logan ready to go...the list continues.

However, what I wanted to do was crawl up under a big, warm quilt, get lost in a good book, and hide from the world.

Yesterday morning the wants won over the needs; for a while at least.

1 comment:

GeorgiPorgyB said...

Yeah!!! It is about time!!! xxxooo