Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh, These Sleepless Nights.

One of the questions I receive the most from Moms and Dads,"Is he sleeping through the night yet?" I often find myself staring back at them, imagining the dazed and vacant look creeping its way across my eyes.

Sleep? What's that?

"If you feed him solid foods, he'll sleep through the night." The very statement Logan's pediatrician placed upon me at month 4.

At month 6, he wakes up more now than he did at birth. Well, maybe not...but it sure does feel like it.

Yes, I am one of those unlucky mothers with a child who refuses to cooperate and blatently ignores my hypnotizing tatics sent via osmosis, "Sleeeep. You want to sleeeep through the night. Catch some zzzzz's. Mommy needs sleeeeep."

A pet peeve I have; parents who ask the question mentioned above and then proceeds to retaliate with, "My child has always slept the night through; since the day he/she was born."

I can't help but think, "Liar, liar, pants on fire," or "Wow their lack of sleep has made them sooo delusional!"

Now, as I embark on making yet another pot of coffee (my life source), I wish you all a restful Sunday!

No comments: